Carbon fiber is a high-strength and high-modulus fiber with a carbon content of more than 90%. It uses acrylic fiber and viscose fiber as raw materials and is oxidized and carbonized at high temperature.
1. Carbon fiber has excellent high temperature resistance, ranking first in chemical fibers, and is an excellent material for manufacturing aerospace and other high-tech equipment.
2. Carbon fiber has the characteristics of anti-friction, electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity and corrosion resistance. Its shape is fibrous, soft, and can be processed into various fabrics. Because of its graphite microcrystalline structure, it is preferably oriented along the fiber axis. strength and modulus.
3. The quality of carbon fiber is lighter than that of metal aluminum, but its strength is higher than that of steel, and it has the characteristics of corrosion resistance and high modulus. It is an important material in the national defense army and civilian use.
4. Carbon fiber not only has the inherent characteristics of carbon materials, but also has the softness and processability of textile fibers. Its specific strength and specific modulus are the best among existing engineering materials.
Carbon fiber material has many advantages, as follows:
1. Carbon fiber material has high axial strength and modulus, low density, high specific performance, no creep, ultra-high temperature resistance in non-oxidizing environment, and good fatigue resistance.
2. The specific heat and electrical conductivity of carbon fiber material are between non-metal and metal, the thermal expansion coefficient is small and anisotropic, the corrosion resistance is good, and the X-ray transmittance is good.
3. Carbon fiber material has good electrical and thermal conductivity, good electromagnetic shielding and so on.
4. Compared with traditional glass fiber, the Young’s modulus of carbon fiber is more than 3 times, and that of Kevlar fiber is about 2 times. It is insoluble in organic solvents, acids and alkalis. Expansion, outstanding corrosion resistance.
Post time: Jul-30-2022